November 21, 2009

Quick post - shooting between the clouds

Well wouldn't you just know it?  I lend my rig to Bill for a week and the #$%&ing sky clears ... arrrgh.  To be honest it clouded over again fairly quickly, but I took the chance to get some shots of the crescent moon - and have a bit of a play with my camera.  Things I learned:  ISO is sensitive! A dSLR has many advantages, mainly the bigger CCD that helps with noise, and of course the whole LENS thing *fume*.  How did I learn this most obvious factoid?  My esteemed flatmate, Jeremy, had his 1000D out with me, and his shots blew mine away :)

Here, let me share one with you:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeremy_wanhill/4118846357/

I think he's done awesomely, even though I might grumble about his dSLR.  You can follow his Flickr account by taking the number off the end of the link above :) Or clicking on the one over there -->

So I have no rig for a week, I'm off to the Wellytown on Tuesday, and have given Bill the Dob for the week or so that I'm away - by all rights I should change the name of the blog to 15.2mm as that's about all the focal length I got without the scope :)

Anyways .. am off to go learn about RAW, ISO and various other TLAs

2 comments:

gfkBill said...

Cheers for the rig. It was, of course, cloudy on Monday night so it's intended use at Boy's Brigade was a washout. All good, I had them shooting short films on blue screen instead, so still a geek victory :)

Tonight on the other hand, is looking like a stunner! w00t! Finally.

ValHallen said...

No worries mate. Happy to lend it. Wellington was nice and clear last night ... got some nice shots of Luna and Jupiter, which I will post very soon :) GL for tonight bro!!